The format of the course is a combination of interactive lectures, discussion, demonstrations and interactive moulages delivered by a credible faculty of pre-hospital anaesthetists and critical care paramedics and nurses. Following attendance at the course staff should feel more comfortable with their own skills managing an airway in the prehospital environment and in assisting with rapid sequence induction. This will aid the safe provision of a technically demanding procedure as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Refreshments will be provided, and a certificate for your portfolio will be provided at the end of the day. The facility is made of consultant grade doctors in Anaesthetics, Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, along with Critical Care Practitioners and other specialists who all provide anaesthetics in the PreHospital environment – which really offers excellent value for money.
We are looking at dates and venues for 2019 for this course as we have had a number of enquiries. Please continue to visit the site and we will update in due course.
- Gain an understanding of the indications for rapid sequence induction with particular reference to its provision in the prehospital environment
- Recognition and preparation of equipment and drugs necessary for RSI
- To understand the sequence of events involved in an uncomplicated RSI
- Provide the opportunity to develop motor and team interaction skills in the provision of RSI and advanced airway management
- To provide a basic understanding of the pharmacological agents used, their dosage, preparation, administration and rationale for use
- To provide an understanding of post-intubation care
- To provide knowledge that may indicate that intubation could be difficult prior to RSI commencement
- To provide the knowledge and skills to assist the airway provider in the event of a failed intubation
We have standard costs for all our one-day courses, Doctors are £99, Paramedic, Nursing or Ambulance staff are £49, Trainees (BASICS/PHEM) or student doctors are £49. Please note 100% of our course fees go back into our charity so we are unable to offer any discounts.
To book a place email firstname.lastname@example.org stating preference of payment, BACS, cheque payment, or PayPal. Also please include any dietary or other requirements in the email.